Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Hungry, I come to You for I know You satisfy.
I am empty, but i know Your love does not run dry.
So I wait for You, so I wait for You.
I'm falling on my knees,
Offering all of me.
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for.
Broken, I run to You for Your arms are open wide
I am weary, but I know Your touch restores my life.
so I wait for You, so I wait for You.
thank you brother for keeping it real. so i ask if we were to give up now, why play in the first place? we play to win, we play to overcome, we play to step out of our comfort zones. i remember clearly how the lee danced for vesuvius, and watched his back as he maestro-ed for feste romane. and i tend to think everybody's lives are intertwined and likened to a band. everyone has their scores and a specific purpose to carry out. the tambourine rustles, the tuba empowers and the volcano erupts. we follow only one, and he knows the concert piece inside out, he understands each of our parts as if he designed it himself, and he brings out the music in each of us. and then there are the rubato solos, where those chosen for specific tasks stand in the limelight. suddenly the conductor pauses amidst his graceful dance and you finally feel so alone. you've got no one to guide you and you realise you've got nothing ahead. but right there he watches you and even when you didn't notice before, he's always been there. in the absence, his leadership is so much more poignant and you find yourself playing your very best. your purpose fufilled just as he intended.
each piece is like a life we take on, a different persona, a different mood and atmosphere. but the band remains the same, together we are one. that's why i liken a band to a church. where we amplify God's grace and amazing wonders. and in times where our purpose becomes more evident, the moments preceding them leave us feeling how distant our God is, but He's right there, and in the "absence", his grace is so much more fulfilling.
maybe my life has been one where i feel God has neglected, maybe i'm a person born with no special ability. or maybe i'm hoping for one i do not have. but so many maybes and no definitive. only His promise that everything works for His good purposes reminds me that its all good. at least i'm real with You. (:
convicted by Your spirit, led by Your word
8:16 AM